Reservations & Waitlist
- While walk-ins are welcome, we highly recommend reserving classes online in order to guarantee your spot in class.
- In order to reserve online you must have positive class credits (note: class packages can be purchased online).
- When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk so we know you have arrived and can ensure you have an enjoyable experience. Click here to schedule a class!
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces often open up regularly as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive an email notification.
- Please confirm you received the notification by following these steps to confirm your spot online:
- Log into your account.
- Click on My Info.
- Click on My Schedule.
- My Schedule will list all the classes you are currently in as well as classes that you have been added to from the waitlist.
- Click on “Class Level” (ie, Mixed, Level 2)
- Type “confirmed” in the Notes box under Visit Details. Then click Update.
- This will notify us that you are coming to class and we will mark you as confirmed.
- Reminder: Being bumped off the waitlist into class means you are IN CLASS and therefore responsible for confirming or cancelling your spot.
- If you get into class from the waitlist with more than 60 minutes prior to class start (or 12 hours for early morning and weekend classes) and do not show up or cancel your reservation you will be charged.
- If you get into class from the waitlist and are already scheduled for another class in the same day, you will need to cancel your reservation for your other class within the cancellation window; if you do not cancel, you will be charged for class. Click here to view our cancellation windows.
- If you are moved off the waitlist less than 60 minutes before the start of class you will not be charged.
Cancellations & No-shows
- For early morning weekday (6am, 6:15am, 7:15am, 7:30am) and weekend classes, you may cancel online or by phone up to 12 hours before the start of class.
- For all other classes, you may cancel online or by phone up to 1 hour before the start of class. If you do not cancel within this timeframe, you will be charged for class. Clients with 1, 10, 30 class packages lose one class and clients with New Client Special, 30 Day Unlimited and Monthly Membership packages are charged $15.
Late Arrival to Class
- If this is your first Bar Method class, please arrive 10 minutes early. New students who arrive after class has commenced will have to wait for the next class.
- Returning clients may enter up to 10 minutes after class has started. Please note that your spot may be given to a standby client if you arrive after class begins unless you call the studio and notify the front desk that you will be arriving within the 10-minute window.
- Late-comers must lift their knees 40 times prior to joining class.
- If class has been in session for more than 10 minutes, returning students will not be permitted to join. We strictly adhere to this policy for the safety of our clients.
- Socks that cover the entire foot, exercise pants to the knee or below (compression shorts must be worn underneath if pants are loose fitting), and tops that cover midriff and waistband of pants.
- Socks must be on PRIOR to entering the studio and must stay covering the entire foot throughout class.
- Cell phones are not allowed in the exercise studios during class.
- Please do not chew gum in the studio during class.
- Drinks other than water are not permitted in the studio.
- New and continuing pregnant clients must provide a doctor’s note that allows permission to take strengthening and stretching classes. Please inform your teacher you are pregnant prior to class time.
- Pregnant clients new to the Bar Method must have previously taken a “barre-based” class or the at home Bar Method Pregnancy DVD.
- We have adopted several modifications that allow the exercises to be performed comfortably throughout the pregnancy.
- The minimum age requirement is 14 years old.
- Clients between the ages of 14-18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Illness & Injuries
- If you have a heart condition, epilepsy, lupus, or severe sciatica, we require a doctor’s note on your first visit that allows you to take “stretching and strengthening classes.”
- We validate parking for the Embarcadero Center garages. Please bring your parking ticket to the front desk before or after class to be validated.
- Weekday parking is free before 8am, free for 1 hour between 8am and 5pm then $4 each hour for the 2nd and 3rd hour, and free for 2 hours after 5pm then $3 each hour after.
- Weekend parking after 7am is free for 2 hours and $3 each hour after.